Test & Tag - Electrical Testing and Tagging Service
What is test & tag?
Test & tag is the process of inspecting and testing electrical equipment for safety in accordance with the test & tag frequencies outlined in the AS/NZS3760 Standard. At Kerfoot, we have over 40 years of experience in electrical service and maintenance. Our team of electrical experts provide test & tag services to businesses who are committed to electrical maintenance and hazard prevention. Test & and tag your appliances and energy supply units to ensure your business is protected from preventable harm.
Importance of Testing & Tagging
Safety should be a priority for businesses everywhere – protecting your workers is paramount, and ensuring their safety will help your business remain legally compliant with safety regulations. Testing and tagging can help alleviate safety concerns, helping business owners restore their peace of mind. Testing and tagging electrical equipment is crucial in order to ensure the safety of your employees, as well as any visitors to your workplace. Maintain the health of electrical equipment in the workplace and ensure that potential harm during usage is managed.
Types of Appliances
Any electrical equipment that is connected to the electrical supply by a flexible cord and/or connecting device needs to be tested and tagged. This may include the following items:
- Equipment that is being used for the first time
- Equipment that is already in use
- Equipment that has recently been repaired or serviced
- Second hand equipment
- Equipment that is available for hire
Test & Tag Frequencies
Test & tag frequency varies according to the type of environment and/or equipment.
- Demolition and construction environments (as per AS/NZS 3012):every 3 months
- Factories, workshops, places of manufacture, assembly, maintenance or fabrication:every 6 months
- Environment where the equipment or supply flexible cord is subject to flexing in normal use OR is open to abuse OR is in a hostile environment:every 12 months
- Environment where the equipment or supply cord is NOT subject to flexing in normal use and is NOT open to abuse and is NOT in a hostile environment:every 5 years
- Residential type areas: hotels, residential institutions, motels, boarding houses, halls, hostels accommodation houses etc.:every 2 years
- Equipment used for commercial cleaning:every 6 months
- Hire equipment: Inspection:prior to hire
- Hire equipment: Test and tag:every 3 months
- Repaired, serviced and second-hand equipment:After repair or service or on reintroduction to service
Why Choose Kerfoot for Testing & Tagging
We are an award-winning electrical company that has been around for more than 40 years. We only use certified equipment for testing and tagging, and always conduct our tests thoroughly and carefully. We are interested in developing ongoing relationships with our test and tag clients – maintaining safety compliance is easier when you have access to one team that manages all of your appliances.
Our technicians keep up with the latest industry developments to ensure you meet the set safety Standards. We provide a reminder service for different appliances and environments, so you will always be in compliance with the test & tag regulations outlined in the AS/NZS 3760 Standard.
Test & Tag Standard
Test and tag regulations are drawn in the AS/NZS 3760 Standard. It is a joint Australian and New Zealand Standard created by Standards Australia that outlines the in-service safety inspection, testing method and frequency of electrical appliances. For more information about your electrical testing obligations, get in touch with our knowledgeable team.