Home > About > history

History

From a small family business to today’s operations in industrial and commercial environments, Kerfoot has a proud history in the electrical contracting industry.

The Kerfoot journey began in 1964, when Keith Kerfoot and Dennis Drew established Kerfoot and Drew with the original four staff, who operated the business from the Kerfoot family home in Parramatta, Sydney. Working mainly in the domestic market wiring new homes, the company continued operating as Kerfoot and Drew until 1972 when Keith set up Kerfoot Electrics in partnership with wife Barbara.

They joined the Electrical Contractors Association of NSW in the same year and set about building a strong reputation for quality and service in the industry. Sons Stephen and Richard joined the company in 1979 and 1982 respectively. Company growth led to re-location to a factory unit in Seven Hills in 1987 and then to larger premises four years later. In 1989, the company became Kerfoot Electrics Pty Ltd. When Keith and Barbara retired in 2001, their sons and partners, Michelle and Allyson, took over the reins and steadily grew the business into the successful enterprise it is today.

Now referred to as Kerfoot, we’ve grown from a small family business to become a multi-award winning leader in the electrical contracting industry in New South Wales.

In 2015, the company celebrated 43 years in the industry.

 

Contact us on 1300 850 869 or fill in the Contact Us Form to enquire about our Kerfoot services today.